Get started as a seller on AWS partner portalTo begin your journey on the AWS partner portal, you need to register yourself as a seller. At the same time, you need to ensure that you review all the requirements. As a prerequisite you must have an AWS account. Here are the top steps to get started with the AWS partner portal:
Register on the AWS Marketplace Management PortalAs a seller, you need to register yourself on AWS Marketplace Management Portal (AMMP). As mentioned, you need to have an AWS account to register as a seller. Once you reach AMMP, click on register now and choose the AWS account you wish to connect to sell your SaaS offers. Once your registration is complete, you need to create a public profile on the AWS partner portal. The public profile is the basic information that your customers can see about your company, including the name, logo, etc. With successful registration and creation of the public profile, you can start selling your free products, and a few other requirements will be needed to be taken care of to sell paid SaaS offers.
Understand the seller requirements for the AWS partner portalSimply registering yourself with the AWS partner portal is not enough to start your selling journey. There are some requirements that you need to be cognizant of. While some of them are common irrespective of whether your SaaS offer is paid or free, others are specific for paid products. Even if you are offering a free product, according to AWS, there is a transaction between you as an ISV and the customer, which is priced at $0.00, hence, you need to comply by the following requirements:
Seller requirements for AWS partner portalAs an ISV, if you are selling free products in AWS commercial marketplace, you need to:
- Ensure the product is publicly available with all features
- Provide adequate customer support
- Facilitate regular updates to the products and bugs/vulnerabilities are fixed routinely
- Follow AWS best practices when it comes to marketing and sales
- Meet all terms and conditions for AWS partner portal as an ISV seller
Provide tax and banking details to AWS partner portalWhen you have a product for which you are charging your customers, you have to share certain financial and compliance details with the AWS partner portal. There are a few forces at play here.
Providing tax details on AWS partner portalFirst, you need to share your tax information with the AWS marketplace. Whatever you are selling will attract some or the other form of tax. To ensure that all your tax related obligations are in place and to facilitate a glitch free transaction journey, you need to share information related to all forms of tax and value added tax with AWS. By providing the information, you can make it easy for AWS to report or withhold taxes on your sales. Updating tax information on the AWS partner portal is quite simple:
- Sign in to your AMMP account that you used to register as a seller.
- Click on settings and navigate to the option of complete tax information from the payment information section.
- Add your tax details as required.
- In case you also have value added tax (VAT) information that you need to update, go back to settings and select complete VAT information.
Providing bank details on AWS partner portalSecond, you need to provide your banking details to the AWS marketplace. The rationale is quite simple. When you are charging your customers for your SaaS offers, they will make a payment to AWS commercial marketplace from their account. Post the transaction, AWS marketplace will pay you for your sales based on your contract and other details. Thus, you ban details are required for the transfer of payments for your sales via the AWS partner portal or commercial marketplace. You will need a US bank account if you wish to transact through AWS commercial marketplace. To link your US bank account you need to:
- Sign in to your account via AMMP through which you registered as a seller
- Click on settings and navigate to the option of complete banking information from the payment information section
- Complete the information required about your bank account